After the ban of popular Chinese App Tiktok in India, people are moving towards similar Indian alternatives. It is the right time to grab a massive user base of loyal customers, and Instagram grabbed this opportunity by launching New Tiktok-Rival: Instagram Reels in India. If you are not aware of this new feature of Instagram, you must check out this article which not only explains to you how to use Instagram Reels like a pro to create Tiktok-Like videos but also some must-know facts about it.
What is Instagram Reels?
Instagram Reels is the short-video sharing platform, just like the popular Tiktok app, launched within the Instagram app. Instagram Reels allows users to create short 15-seconds Tiktok-like Videos on its platform, which you can share with your followers in a feed or stories.
In other words, you can say Instagram Reels is the powerful and new Rival of TikTok. The reason behind it is: As we all know, Instagram has a huge Indian user base and people used to upload and promote their TikTok videos there, Instagram Reels can emerge as the best alternative of Tiktok in India. Apart from Instagram Reels, there are some other Indian alternatives of Tiktok already getting famous on app stores like Chingari App, Mitron App, etc.
How to use Instagram Reels like a Pro to create Tiktok-like Videos?
Since Instagram Reels is the part of the Instagram app, you need to install any separate app to use this feature. If you want to learn how to use Instagram Reels like a pro to create TikTok-like videos in Android and iOS, you must follow this step-by-step guide:
- Open the Instagram app and tap on the Camera icon on the top left corner in Android and iOS.
- There you will see options for Reels. Upon clicking on it, you will see the option of getting started.
- After tapping on “Getting Started”, You will get an option to create Instagram Reels of 15-seconds using Audio, Filter, Speed and other options.
- Before creating the Reels, you can add some filters using the smiley icon on the left side when you tab on the big white button.
- Before start recording, set the speed from slow-motion to superfast, using the speed icon. Then use the Big-White button to start the recording and the same one to stop it.
- You can also set the three-second timer before recording reels to make them in a better way using the “timer” icon on the left side. To set the timer in Instagram Reels, click on the Timer Icon, then set the duration of your reel (from 0.1 to 15 seconds) and tap on “Set Timer”.
- Lately, you can add music in your reels to make them more entertaining. One of the best things Instagram Reels has is you can trim the lyrics of any song as it will appear on the screen to use in your video, while this option was not available in Tiktok.
- If you want to create Lip-Sync videos, you must have add music in your reels before starting recording. But if you want to give a cool soundtrack effect, you can add the music after recording the video.
This Instagram Reels step by step guide will help you to understand How to use Instagram Reels like a Pro to create stunning TikTok-like videos. As a bonus, here are some must-know facts of Instagram Reels in Android and iOS.
Must-Know Facts about Instagram Reels in Android and iOS
1) Instagram Reels are available for both Android and iOS users in India.
2) If you have a public Instagram account, your reels are visible to all (including your followers). Based on the hashtags, effects and audio you choose, your reels will appear in the Explore Section.
3) If you have a private Instagram account, your reels will only be visible to your followers. And only your followers will be able to share them with other people.
4) Those reels who received a large number of likes from the wide range of creators will get a “Featured” Tag. But only Public Account’s Reels are eligible for it.
5) Reels will appear as a post in your feed in a Reels Tab and can appear in stories only for 24 hours.
6) The filters and music you will use in Instagram Reels will be from the Instagram Library only.
Wrapping Up The Instagram Reels Guide!
So, this was all about Instagram Reels Guide. Hope after reading this article, you must get an idea of How to use Instagram Reels like a pro to create Tiktok-like videos. Since it is a new feature and somehow similar to Tiktok, you must check it out and share your Instagram Reels and experience with us in comments!