It’s a common challenge where people find it difficult to uninstall chromium from their computer. Before we head towards the solution, you should know what it is and why people install it in their computer.
What is Chromium?
Chromium is a web browser and an open-source project often mistaken to be google chrome, but it is not. The chromium does work like any other browser like the prevents the viewers from seeing malicious websites by giving you alerts, but what happens is that this might unpin the actual google chrome.
But we are talking about chromium virus/malware which not only steals away data from your computer, there are a lot of security issues which come along with it, and it is not that easy and helpful to use also. You would also get thousands of popup ads and other add links in almost every page you search. It is added to this to collect the cookies and bugs to collect information about its users, which makes it unsafe and not liked by most users.
I would recommend you to uninstall the chromium from your system for your safety. The process of uninstalling it is not going to be a hard process for you. We have given you the steps in simple, understandable ways that you can easily uninstall chromium permanently from your windows.
What is Windows 10?
Windows 10 is the latest Operating System rolled out by Microsoft, built and designed to get the fastest working user interface. All updates made in windows are technically for a user to experience the best. Windows 10 gives you the best work experience if you are working with heavy software and photo editing tools, graphic designing, and more. Windows 10 is a smooth and secure device running platform.
Although many professionals recommend Apple workstations for hefty work like editing, Microsoft gets the majority of the users’ love because of its being budget-friendly. Now, when the user base increases, the more vulnerable it becomes.
Chromium is one of such kind which may silently cause problems to you as a user and data.
If you have accidentally installed it on your computer and now have a problem with uninstalling the chromium from your Windows 10, you should do this.
How to uninstall chromium permanently from Windows 10?
- Click on the start menu, once opened or press the Windows Key
- Type settings and open the settings option, which you would find on the top. It will lead to a page where all the settings options are available.
- Click the Apps and Features option. When you do so, all the installed applications and programs in your system will appear. You may also use a keyboard shortcut
- Find the chromium app and click on to. Once you click on to, you will have an option there to uninstall it,
- Click on the uninstall button. The system would ask if you want to uninstall it, click uninstall to confirm.
You may want to check the list of keyboard shortcuts to make your work easy.
Once you do these following steps, the chromium app will be uninstalled from your windows permanently.
Uninstall Chromium From Windows XP
In the windows XP, you will have to
- Click on the start button and
- Click on the control panel option, and it will open into the options available in your system.
- Click on to the add or remove the program option. Once you do that, all apps and programs will appear in which
- Select the chromium option and
- Click on the Uninstall button to uninstall it from your windows.
Uninstall Chromium From Windows 7
The process in Windows 7 is quite similar to the XP, in this you have to
- Click on the start button and then
- Click on the control panel option.
- Click on the Uninstall a program option and once you click that all programs and apps will appear, in which find and
- Click on the chromium option and
- Click uninstall, and the chromium will be uninstalled in your windows.
Uninstall Chromium From Windows 8 and 8.1:
In the Windows 8 first,
- Open the menu option,
- Click on the search option, then
- Click on to apps. On the appearing page
- Click on to the control panel in which you would have to
- Click on to programs and then in that
- Click on to the uninstall a program option and find out chromium and
- Click the uninstall option. When you are done with all these steps, chromium will be uninstalled from your windows.
This is how you will have to uninstall the chromium app from your windows. It’s effortless to uninstall it with the help of the instructions given above. It is also equally important that you remove it from the browsers, which are in your system to have no chromium interference in any way.
Remove Chromium from Google Chrome
Open google chrome and
- Press Alt + F
- Click Tools,
- Choose the extension option and when it appears
- Search chromium, once you find it
- Click the dustbin icon there to delete it from the Google Chrome browser.
Remove Chromium from Internet Explorer
Open the IE after that
- Press Alt + T, when you do so, a page gets opened in which
- Click the manage add-ons. Inside that
- Select the toolbar and extensions option later,
- Click the disable chromium option, once you do that few options will appear in which
- Click the more information option and under which
- Click the remove button, and it will be removed.
Remove Chromium from Safari
- Open the Safari Browser menu
- Click on the Menu
- Click on the extensions option, under which you will have to find chromium
- Click the remove button under it to remove chromium from your browser.
Remove Chromium from Mozilla Firefox
- Open the Mozilla Firefox Browser
- Press Shift + Control + A
- Click on the chromium options
- Click on disable or remove the button, and the chromium will be removed from the browser.
This article told you about how to uninstall chromium from windows 10, 8 & 8.1, windows 7 and XP (Product support over by Microsoft) and the most common browsers, which you are using in your everyday life. Chromium might not be safe and secure for you, so make sure you put to action the things you read above to have a safe and pleasant browsing experience.
If you find any difficulty in uninstalling or removing chromium from your computer, feel free to drop your issue here and we’ll assist you in achieving the same.