What is Disk Quota
Disk Quota is a dedicated limit set by an administrator which restricts a user or a group to a limited disk usage in the modern operating systems. Disk Quota can also be defined as a virtual partition that allows users or groups to use only given space in the modern operating systems. You can Enable Disk Quota in Win 7 in few steps.
- Go to My Computer and Right Click on the Drive (C,D or E) and Go to Properties
- Click on Quota Tab (Here you can enable disk quota)
- Click on Show Quota Settings under the Quota tab
- Click on Enable Quota Management (This will Enable disk Quota)
- Select Deny Space to users exceeding Quota limit to restrict users or groups in a limited storage
- You can Select the Quota limit and Quota Warning level as per your need
Do not Exit
To Enable Disk Quota for a dedicated user
- Click on Quota Entries
- Go to new quota entries as shown in the image below
- You can select the user and then select the limit you want to define.
You just restricted a user to a limited disk usage
Video Tutorial of How To Enable Disk Quota in Win 7