People’s craze towards Amazon Firestick increasing day by day as it is the latest way to convert your normal Smart TV into a theater. Those who don’t know, Amazon Firestick allows you to stream the latest movies, shows & live TV directly on your TV by installing some apps. So if you have Amazon Firestick or are planning to buy one, you need to know what are the best apps for Firestick. Today, we will share the list of 10 Best Apps for Firestick to watch Free Movies, Cartoons, latest Shows, Live TV, Music, etc. on your TV directly. The majority of these apps are free, while some of them are paid yet worthy.
How to Prepare FireStick for downloading apps?
Before downloading apps for Firestick, you need to make some settings in your Firestick to make it ready for downloading apps. To prepare your Firestick for downloading apps, follow these steps:
Enable ADB Bugging
- To enable ADB Bugging, go to Settings > My Fire TV > Developer Options > ADB Debugging and On it.
Allow Apps to download from Unknown Sources
- To allow apps to download from Unknown Sources, head to the Settings option of your Firestick. In Settings, Go to the Device Option, Choose Developer Options and Enable Apps from Unknown Sources.
These steps are necessary to install sideloaded apps on your Firestick. Your Firestick is now ready to download apps, and here is the list of some best apps to download for Firestick.
10 Best Apps for Firestick to Stream Latest Movies & Shows
Downloader is one of the best apps for Firestick if you are planning to download sideload apps on your Firestick.
Features of Downloader
- Downloader allows you to directly download APK apps & install them on your Firestick without the need of a computer or internet connection to transfer the files.
Kodi is a free Open-Source Media Software that allows you to watch the latest shows, movies, music, etc. on your TV using Amazon Firestick. But to download Kodi, you must enable the settings we have mentioned above for downloading sideloaded apps.
Features of Kodi
- Allow you to access thousands of latest movies, web series, tv shows, music, etc. in HD quality from various genres in a single click.
- By installing its PVR add-on, you can record your favorite TV shows or movies on TV to watch later.
- Allow you to share photos on digital albums or other screens.
It is recommended to use a VPN service while using Kodi as it has lots of illegal content & surveillance issues.
Talking about a reliable VPN service to spoof your IP Address or change the location, VPN By Private Internet Access is the best VPN app for Firestick. Some of the content on popular OTT platforms like Netflix, Hulu, etc. are available only in some countries. So if you want to stream that content, you can use Private Internet Access.
Features of VPN By Private Internet Access
- Encrypts your connection and protect it from unauthorized activities.
- Spoof your IP Address and location to unlock the latest web shows & movies from popular OTT platforms.
- Compatible with Amazon Firestick and available on Amazon to download for Free
Plex is one of the best way to stream & cast content from your local media and online networks directly on your TV using Firestick. Its free & paid both versions are available on Amazon Store. Plex lets you access all the media content (movie, shows, music, etc.) remotely from your PC or any other library.
Features of Plex
- Allow playing any video file format like WMV, AVI, MKV or MOV or playing music in MP3, M4A, FLAC or ALAC.
- Synchronize Multiple Media libraries to access content from multiple devices.
- Its paid version allows accessing content from online networks like CBS, Fox, NBC.
- Through its server plugins (Plex Channels), you can download/access unlimited online content.
Crackle by Sony is the free video streaming platform where you can find award-winning TV-shows, Latest Movies, and a lot more for free in a hassle-free manner.
Features of Crackle App
- Latest Web Shows, Movies are available to watch for free in HD quality
- Parental Control Feature allows you to restrict adult content for kids.
Crunchyroll is a well-known video streaming platform among Japanese Anime Lovers. Crunchyroll is a paid platform that allows you to watch all the latest & old Japanese anime series in HD quality. However it is paid, you can take its 14-days trial version as well.
Features of Crunchyroll
- More than 25000+ episodes of various Japanese Anime Series are available in multiple languages to watch.
- All the content is authentic and licensed by media producers.
- Compatible with Amazon Firestick & available on Amazon Store
7) Pluto TV
If you are looking for a free live TV app for amazon firestick, then Pluto TV is the perfect option. With more than 100 live channels and multiple genres, Pluto TV offers a wide variety of content, including the latest web shows, sports, entertainment, Movies, Music, News, etc.
Features of Pluto TV
- Free App and compatible with Amazon Firestick
- Add new content every week so that you can watch the latest content
- Apart from Live Channels, thousands of movies and web shows are available to enjoy.
8) Cinema APK
One of the extremely popular Android App for Firestick to watch the latest movies and TV shows. Cinema APK is an aggregator that fetches streaming content from various platforms and provides their links on its platform.
Features of Cinema APK
- Free & Compatible with Amazon Firestick
- Team of developers regularly uploads the latest content
- Fetches content from multiple countries & locations
Vudu is an online Video on Demand Platform that offers you thousands of movies and tv shows to stream for free.
Features of Vudu
- You can pay/rent any particular movie/show instead of purchasing the plan of the app.
- Compatible with Amazon Firestick, Roku, Android TV Box, Apple TV, PS4, Xbox One, etc.
- Regularly update latest shows & movies to watch
Netflix is the popular OTT platform that doesn’t require any introduction. The best thing about Netflix is its versatile and large amount of content. Netflix keeps adding the latest shows and movies to keep you entertained and has the content of all genres like Horror, Sci-Fi, fiction, Action, Drama, Documentaries, etc.
Features of Netflix
- Paid but Compatible with Amazon Firestick
- You can use the same account on multiple devices.
- Can download movies and shows within the app or stream online.
Frequently Asked Questions about Best Apps for Firestick
1) Which are the Best Live TV apps for Firestick?
There are plenty of free and paid Live TV apps are available that are compatible with Amazon Firestick. Some of them are:
- Ola TV (Free)
- Pluto TV (Free)
- OneBox HD (Free)
- Sling TV (Paid)
2) Which are the Best Movies & Shows streaming apps for Firestick?
There are many online streaming apps available to stream the latest movies & shows for Firestick. Some of the best movies & tv shows streaming apps are:
- Sony Crackle (Free+Paid)
- Netflix (Paid)
- Vudu (Free)
- Kodi (Free)
3) How to download Sideload Apps on Firestick?
To download sideload apps on Firestick, you need to enable ADB bugging from the settings of the Firestick. You can refer to this article to understand how to enable the debugging option in the Firestick.
4) What are the Best free Apps for Firestick?
Some Best Free Apps for Amazon Firestick are:
- Cinema APK
- Sling TV
Wrapping It Up!
So, this was all about Best Free Apps, including Live TV, Movie streaming, etc. for Firestick. You must try these apps and share your experience with us. Binge-Watch & Chill!