Are you not hearing the opening chimes of windows when opening your PC? Does your video accompany no sound or experiencing cracking noise? Whether you are facing glitches in audio or the sound has completely abandoned your computer, it can be fixed. You might not need your speakers all the time, but still, they can be necessary at some times. We might not pay attention to its importance, but when it is gone, we feel the lack. Many times we face the issue “Speakers not working” in windows and if you are also facing this problem, let us teach you how to fix Speakers not working in Windows 7/8/10.
So, we are ready for your service to relieve you in fixing this issue. We bestow you will all the technique which is required to fix the speaker not working issue in Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10. Just make sure your local account has the permission of the administrators. It is not necessary but required for some methods.
Recommended: How to fix a frozen windows PC Screen
How to Fix Speakers Not Working in Windows 7/8/10- Step By Step Guide
The most common problem you will encounter in Windows is no audio issues, and most of the time it is because of some speaker issue.
Check this step-by-step guide to fix speakers not working in Windows 7/8/10.
- The first step to fix your speakers in Windows 7/8/10 is to check if you accidentally muted the speakers or not. If this is not the problem, it means your windows are not recognizing your audio device. You can pinpoint this error by looking at the volume icon on your taskbar. If you see a cross symbol next to your speaker shaped icon, that means your device speaker is not working. Due to this, you are not able to hear.
- The second thing you should do is check if there is any hardware. For this, plug in the speakers into the audio jack of your smartphone or any other device present. If you hear the sound properly, that means there is no problem with the device or speakers. But your Windows needs to be treated.
- Check if your devices are not muted from the system. To check that, Right-click on the speaker icon present on the corner section of the taskbar. A volume mixer dialogue box will open. You will find volume control for the device as well as application. Ensure that none of it is muted. There you will see a red circle with a line inside it on the speaker icon in case if it is muted.
- This step might not seem important but is an essential part of how to fix speakers not working in Windows 7/ 8/ 10. As sometimes the fault is right under your nose and you can’t see it. Verify the cables and the wires of your headphones. Generally, stretched and damaged wires lead to crackling noises. Make sure that all the wires and cords are correctly connected and into the proper jack. If you are not sure which cable goes in which jack, then read the manual of your hardware. Confirm that the volume is not muted and check by increasing the volume of the device.
- In the Windows, open a taskbar and search for an audio troubleshooter. Now select “fix” and find problems with playing sound from the dropbox which will appear now select the next option. Select the device for troubleshooting and let the trouble-shooter continue its work. You can also open trouble-shooter from the start menu, then go to settings. Choose the system option, then select sound settings and then launch the troubleshooting. If running this step doesn’t help, continue doing to the next.
- Check if all windows updates are correctly installed by selecting the start menu. Go to the settings and click on “Update and Security”. Select the Windows update option. Refresh it once. Check the updates, if the updates show that you are up to date then no problem. If it shows that updates are available, then do the installation by selecting install now. You can only choose those updates you want to install. After the installation process is done, restart your PC and check the sound works properly.
- Sometimes, we set a particular device for default. Check if this isn’t the case with you. As when you connect your device using USB or HDMI, you may need to make it as default audio device. External monitors without any built-in speakers ensure that the monitor itself is not the default output device. You can do this by searching for hardware and sound present in the control panel. Select the sound option. Choose your device from the playback tab and set it as default.
- Restart your audio services by searching for “Services” in the search box of the taskbar. Select Windows Audio, Windows Audio Endpoint Builder, Remote Procedure Call. After selecting all three options, click on restart.
If it’s not a problem of Windows, then check your hardware. Sometimes due to outdated or damaged drivers causes the issue. Update your audio drivers if needed. You can uninstall the audio driver, and it will reinstall itself automatically. If still nothing helps, use the windows generic audio driver. For updating the audio driver in the search box of taskbar writes device manager. In the device manager dialogue box, select and expand arrow next to Sound, video, and game controllers. Right-click on sound cards or audio devices such as speakers or headphones from the listing. Select update driver option. Then search for automatically for updated driver software. Click on the results. Restart your system.
If all these methods do not help you, then there might be some problems with your windows itself. It could be a virus, system hardware, or any other issue. You can perform a system restore. Click on the power button and check if the system demands an update. Update it if required otherwise reboot it. And in the end, we suggest you reinstall your windows operating system.
Also Check: How to use Microsoft Defender in Windows
Wrapping It Up!
So, we gave you all the methods of how to fix Speakers not working in Windows 7/ 8 /10. If you are facing any audio or speaker troubleshoot the problem, then we will recommend you to try all the steps we have mentioned above. It will surely solve your problem, and in case the problem still persists, you can share with us in comments!