Bluetooth is a wireless technology that is used for the exchange of data between devices over short distances. But many times the Bluetooth of windows stop working that may be due to the issue in hardware/software of the computer. There is no one particular way to fix Bluetooth not working in Windows because the causes of a faulty Bluetooth connection can vary. But there are numerous possible solutions to try to fix this common problem. Today we will share all the possible ways to fix Bluetooth not working in Windows 10 / 8 / 7.
In this article, we will share all the possible solutions one must try to fix Bluetooth not working error in Windows. We will also share how you can check if your window’s Bluetooth is working or not. Let’s understand each aspect of Bluetooth troubleshoots error in windows through our step-by-step guide.
Recommended: How To Fix Speakers Not Working in Windows 7/8/10
How to Fix Bluetooth Not Working in Windows 10/8/7- Step by Step Guide
The steps to how to fix Bluetooth not working in Windows 10/8 /7 are listed below.
Before you start, check if your computer has Bluetooth:
- Open Start by clicking on the windows logo on the bottom left corner.
- Type device manager on the search bar and search.
- Click Device Manager in the pop-up menu that appears.
If you find a “Bluetooth” heading near the top of the window, your computer has built-in Bluetooth capabilities, else, your computer does not have built-in Bluetooth capabilities. Make sure Bluetooth is turned on.
To see if Bluetooth is turned ON, Follow these steps:
1. Click “Start”, then click on “Devices and Printers”.
2. Right-click on the list of devices and select “Bluetooth settings”.
3. Select the “Allow Bluetooth devices” checkbox in the Bluetooth Settings window to make this computer visible, and then click OK.
4. To pair the device, go to “Start”, select “Devices and Printers” and click on “Add a device”.
- When you turn Bluetooth ON in Settings, the subsequent message appears immediately:
“Now discoverable as “
- Turn your Bluetooth device off, wait, and then turn it back on.
- Make sure your Bluetooth devices are in range. If your Bluetooth device is unresponsive, check to sure it’s not on the brink of the other USB device that’s plugged into a USB 3 port. Unshielded USB devices can sometimes cause interference in the Bluetooth connections.
Check the BLUETOOTH SERVICE STATUS
Bluetooth is a service on Windows. That service should be ON if the Bluetooth is enabled. To check the status of Bluetooth Service, follow these steps.
- Press Windows key + R to open Run.
- Type services.msc and press enter. Look for Bluetooth on the list.
- Double click and check the Service status. If the status is displayed as Stopped, click on Start to get it going.
Disable other connected devices
Sometimes to know the problem and to learn how to fix Bluetooth not working in Windows you need to disable other Bluetooth devices because they might be causing interference when you try to pair a new device. To disable them
- Press Windows key + I to open Settings and click on Devices.
- One by one click on each Bluetooth device and click Remove device and then click on Yes.
Here are some other common problems which cause Bluetooth not working in Windows. Try these steps to identify and fix the problem:
Many times a common issue due to which Bluetooth doesn’t work in Windows occurs with drivers. Make sure you have the latest drivers. Bluetooth driver is one of the software components which makes your OS to interact with the Bluetooth Device.
If you have recently upgraded to newer Windows or installed Windows updates, the current driver may have been designed for an earlier version of Windows. To automatically check for driver updates:
- In the search box on the taskbar, search for Device Manager.
- Select “Device Manager” from the list of results.
- In Device Manager, select “Bluetooth”, then select the Bluetooth adapter name, which can include the word “radio.”
- Right-click on the Bluetooth adapter, then select Update driver and then click on Search automatically for updated driver software. Follow the steps, then select Close.
- After installing the updated driver, select the Start button, select Power, select Restart if you’re prompted to restart, and then check whether that fixes the connection issue.
If Windows can’t find a replacement Bluetooth driver, visit the PC manufacturer’s website and download the newest Bluetooth driver from there.
Run the Bluetooth troubleshooter
- Select “Start”, then select “Settings”.
- Click on “Update & Security” and then select “Troubleshoot”. In the “Find and fix other problems”, select “Bluetooth”, then select “Run the troubleshooter” and follow the instructions.
Uninstall the Bluetooth adapter in Device Manager
If you do not see the Bluetooth icon, but Bluetooth does appear in the Device Manager, try to uninstall the Bluetooth adapter and trigger an automatic reinstall. Here’s how:
- In the search box on the taskbar, type device manager and press Enter.
- Select “Device Manager” from the results.
- In Device Manager, select Bluetooth. Right-click on the Bluetooth adapter name (which may include the word “radio”), and choose uninstall the device.
- Select “Start”, then select “Power” and click on “Restart”.
After your device shuts down, wait a few seconds, and then turn it back on. Windows will try to reinstall the driver.
If Windows doesn’t reinstall the driving force automatically,
- Open Device Manager and choose Action, click on Scan for hardware changes.
Also Check: How to fix a frozen windows PC Screen
If the problem persists:
The above-given how to fix Bluetooth not working in Windows 10/8/7 solutions should fix the Bluetooth of your windows computer but if the problem is not fixed, use Windows Feedback Hub to report a problem. For better feedback include details about what you were doing or specific steps you were taking when the problem in working with the Bluetooth occurred. For example, if you started, your Bluetooth stopped working after installing a different driver. The team will help you with a possible solution.
Also Check: How To Disable Windows 10 Startup Delay
So, these were the possible & effective ways to fix Bluetooth not working in Windows. Hope these solutions will help u=you to fix Bluetooth error in windows. In case, if the above-provided solutions don’t help you or you have any other issues regarding your Window’s Bluetooth, you can share it with us in comments!