Coronavirus Pandemic has put all the World in a cautious state. We never thought that Face Masks, Sanitizer, and Social Distancing would become part of our daily life. But now these are the only solution to keep Coronavirus away from you. With Increasing cases of Coronavirus Patients worldwide, demand for masks is increasing, and now many people are moving towards Handmade Corona Masks for protection as they are more comfortable, economical, and easy to make. You can customize the homemade corona masks the way you want by choosing various fabric prints. In this tutorial, I will share some easy DIY Homemade Corona Mask Ideas that you can try at home.
Why is it essential to Wear Mask in Coronavirus Pandemic?
While there is no vaccine developed yet that can cure Coronavirus, we are only left with necessary precautions that might save us from this Pandemic. According to the World Health Organization, Face Masks are really effective in preventing the virus from entering your body. But face masks are only effective when you use sanitizer on hands before putting them and maintain social distancing. After the WHO recommendation, Face Masks are compulsory for every individual to wear when stepping out. Now, you have to carry corona masks in offices, hospitals, restaurants, and every public place.
How to make Masks at Home- DIY Homemade Corona Mask Ideas
If you want some beautifully printed masks to wear in daily use and not getting it in the market, you can easily make them at home. Here I am sharing some DIY Homemade Corona Mask Ideas you must try at home.
1) Make Bandana Mask at home without Sewing:
Bandana Mask is one of the easiest masks to make at home and very comfortable.
Materials you need to make Bandana Mask:
- A printed scarf of soft fabric-Preferably cotton
- 2 Rubber Bands/Hair Ties or Elastic
- A paper towel or Coffee Filter for Filtration
Steps to make Bandana Mask at home:
- Make sure the scarf you are using must be thin enough to filter the light. The more thin the scarf will be, the more effective mask you will make out of it. That is why tightly woven cotton is best if you have one.
- Now Fold your scarf in half to make Bandana.
- After folding, Fold the upper part down and bottom to the up, as shown in the picture below.
- Add your coffee filter/paper towel in the middle to create a respirator (only if you want to add) and secure it with a safety pin or adhesive glue.
- Now when your scarf is in perfect size of the mask, put hair ties/elastic from both the ends (approx. 6 inches apart)
- Fold both the ends to the middle and tuck them backside.
- That’s it. Your Bandana Mask is ready to use.
2) How to make Mask from used T-shirt:
If you have plenty of cotton T-shirts which are in good condition but don’t wear them anymore, here is the simple DIY homemade Corona Mask Idea you can try at home.
Materials you need to make Corona Mask from T-shirt:
- A cotton t-shirt from which you want to make a mask
- Coffee Filter/Paper Towel for Respirator (optional)
Steps to make Corona Mask from a T-shirt without Sewing:
- The t-shirt you are using must not have holes or torn out. It will be great if you use a 100% cotton T-shirt for it. The T-shirt should be opaque so that mask can work effectively.
- Cut the Bottom part of the T-shirt, as shown in the picture below. Cut around 7-8 inches of cloth, or you can use a measuring tape for exact measurement.
- Cut around 6-7 inches of fabric from the middle of the piece you cut from the mask’s t-shirt in C-shape to make ties of your mask.
- Cut the ties so you can retie them around your ears or head. That’s it. Your mask is ready to use.
3) How to make the cloth face mask using a sewing machine:
It is one of the effective corona masks you can make at home but require little effort.
Materials you need to make a face mask using a sewing machine:
- Cotton Fabric of size around 10×6-inches
- Two elastic or hair ties of 6 inches around
- Sewing Machine, Needle & Thread
- Scissors & Pins
Steps to make a face mask using a sewing machine:
- Cut your fabric into two parts (one for front & one for the back) of around 10×6 inches. If you want, you can use two different clothes (both of which should be cotton) to distinct front and back parts.
- Place both the pieces of clothes on each other. The top piece facing towards you should be the one that goes inside (inner part).
- After placing them right, fold the edges around 1/4-inch and sew them using needle/sewing machine to make Hem on both sides, as shown in the picture.
- Insert Elastic/Hair Ties in the Hem using pin or needles.
- Knot the elastic to secure your ties and seal all the sides using a sewing machine, as shown in the picture. If you want, you can add a respirator as well in the middle of your mask by sewing it.
- Try the mask to check the fit, and your mask is ready to use.
So, these were some DIY Homemade Corona Mask Ideas that you can try at home. Try these ideas and share your experience with us.