You might be experiencing your Facebook timeline flooded with the latest cartoon avatar of your friends, as everyone is testing the new Facebook Avatar feature on their profile. If you also want to try this latest avatar feature but don’t know how to create your own Facebook avatar for free on Android or iOS, we have a quick step by step guide that will help you out.
What is Facebook Avatar Feature?
Facebook has recently launched create personalise avatar feature in India. Facebook Avatar is the animated character sticker of yourself which you can customise by selecting customized face, hairstyle, body shape, skin tone, outfit etc. The feature is similar to Apple or Snapchat’s emoji avatars and can be used in Facebook comments, stories, profile picture or in other apps like Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat etc. You can say Facebook Avatar is your personal cartoon avatar/sticker.
How to create your own Facebook Avatar- Step by Step Guide for Android & iOS
If you are having trouble to find the option to create your own Facebook avatar, follow these steps:
- Before proceeding, Your Facebook App must be updated. To check & update the app, go to your app store.
- Now login your Facebook App on Android or iOS and click on three stacked lines (must be on the lower right side in iOS and on Upper right side in Android).
- Scroll down to select the “See More” option.
- Within the See More Option, You will get the “Avatars” option.
- Click on Avatars, and you can now create your own Facebook Avatar by following the simple instructions.
- Out of 27 skin tones, you can choose the one that suits you and then you will be instructed to select the hairstyle from short, medium or long.
- After that, choose your hair colour and move forward to face icon.
- In face icon, choose suitable face shape, face lines, complexion, etc. that will make the avatar looks more like you.
- After customising the face, move to the Eye icon. Select your eye shape, eyebrows and their colour. You can add glasses as well to complete your look.
- Next thing to customise is your nose and mouth. Select your nose and mouth shape. Then add lip colour and facial hairs accordingly.
- The last thing to add in your look is body shape and styling. For that, choose the appropriate body shape from multiple options. Then head to the outfit option, select your favourite outfit and style it with some other elements like Scarf, hat, etc.
- Now as your Avatar is ready and you are satisfied with it, click on the checkmark icon, tap next and done. You have successfully created your own Facebook Avatar for free on Android or iOS, and now you can use it as a sticker in comments, as a profile picture or in stories.
- In case you are not satisfied with the end results, you can click on the pencil icon to edit it again and make the desired changes to create another look.
FAQs related to the latest Facebook Avatar Feature on Android & iOS
1. What is Facebook Avatar and How do I create my avatar on Facebook?
Facebook Avatar is the latest cartoon/animated stickers or emoji that looks like you and can be easily created within the app. To create your avatar on Facebook:
- Head to the three horizontal lines in the app on the right side of the app to access the “see more” option. Under See More, you will find the Avatar option.
- Now follow the step by step guide mentioned in the above article to create your own Facebook avatar on Android or iOS.
2. What to do if you can’t get the Avatar option in your Facebook app on Android or iOS?
While creating the Avatar option is available for all in India, some users are complaining that they are not getting this option in their Facebook app. To access Facebook Avatar feature on Android or iOS, follow these steps:
- Sometimes it is the issue of your old Facebook app. First of all, check whether your Facebook app is updated or not. To update the app, go to the app store, and you might get the Avatar feature on your Facebook app now.
- If you are not getting the Avatar option even after updating the Facebook app in your Android or iOS, go to your Facebook messenger. In the msg box, click on the “Smiley” icon and go to the stickers.
- There you will find the Avatar Creator (within the Angry Bird emoji in the left bottom corner).
3. Where can I use my Facebook Avatar?
The Facebook avatar can be used as a sticker in comments/ stories/ messages or as an FB profile picture. Apart from that, you can use your Facebook avatar as sticker in other apps like Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, etc.
Wrapping It Up!
So, this was the step by step guide to create your own Facebook Avatar on Android or iOS. If you haven’t tried this cool Avatar Feature on Facebook, you must try it now and share your results with us. Apart from that, if you have any issues/suggestion related to Facebook Avatar feature, share it with us in the comments section. Keep learning, and keep exploring!